Friday, March 16, 2007

Sand EVERYWHERE!

Well we have now experienced a sand/dust storm! I left the house yesterday to do some shopping. Of course I am taking advantage of every cool day that I can by having the top off of my Jeep. I went out to do some shopping, is was a lovely sunny day. After being out for about an hour, the wind started picking up and it was suddenly foggy/hazy. This was the onset of a dust storm. It is not at all what I imagined. There was not sand pelting me in the face...I guess it is more like very fine dust. This didn't stop me! I just kept on driving and shopping (Using the Swiffer at each stop light! ;-)) I just know the people driving around me were probably laughing and who could blame them! Eventually I made it home and have not gone out in the Jeep since. Michael reported that I should get the vacuum ready! The sand/dust just gets into everything (both car and house). No sense in cleaning yet, but my tools are ready!

(The picture on the right was in the paper from yesterday with the following description: QATAR resembled the red landscape of Mars yesterday with severe dusty and cloudy conditions prevailing, especially in the afternoon. The weather office attributed the phenomenon to the excessive influence of south-easterly winds blowing from the northern areas of Saudi Arabia.)

No comments: