Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day




















Kelsey was so funny. Last night Michael told her that she would bring me breakfast in bed, that she would give me a present and that it would all be a surprise. Of course, she instantly ran inside to tell me that "I have a surprise for you Mommy!" "I'm giving you a present!" "You're gonna love it!" Smart girl wouldn't give up the secret!

So at about 6 am, yes I know, somewhere the 'let Mommy sleep in' was lost in translation, I could hear Kelsey and Michael stirring, getting everything ready. Finally, in she pranced, I had Julia with me, with breakfast and a present, "Happy Mother's Day Mommy!"

We opened the cards and presents, a J and a K charm for my bracelet, and I enjoyed breakfast in bed with my girls!

As many of you know, there were definitely days when I thought I would never be a Mother. Now today, I celebrated so many things...the tears, appointments, shots, worries and wonders were all worth it, because in the end, I have become the Mommy of two beautiful little girls! I am so truly blessed!

A Happy Mother's Day also goes out to my Mom, Michael's Mom, and both of my Grammas! We are so fortunate to still have them in our lives!

1 comment:

80 said...

Yay!!! Hooray for mother's day! I'm so so glad you've got your two little ones to celebrate with, what a great day. :) I'm gonna remind you of this post in about 14 years when you are pulling your hair out with two teenage girls... (of course, I won't have any hair left by then, but that's beside the point).