Sunday, May 8, 2011

First Class Kitty!

Today I felt kind of down, just figured it was in anticipation of the upcoming move. Then I got the reminder marking the passing of Macey (thank you for adding that to my calendar Michael)! I just know that she would have LOVED the girls! Kelsey clearly seems to be more comfortable around cats than dogs, smart girl, she must remember her older sister! ;-)

I adopted Macey from the Pearland Animal Shelter. I still remember that day like it was yesterday. I had gone in looking for the "cat of the week". The shelter worker ensured me that, "nope, that one is gone." Not sure if I was even ready to adopt a pet, I felt that it was a sign and started heading towards the exit. I heard the shelter worker call to the front, "do we still have that fat one?" Closer to the exit I inched. I had come for a kitten, not "the fat one"! There, with the run of the lobby, too good for a cage, was My Macey! In fact I took the "fat one" home! I quickly found out she was so much more!

I bet she is up in Kitty Heaven bragging about surviving Hurricane Katrina, being allowed to stay at Grammy and Papas house, and flying across the world in Business Class! She was one spoiled kitty who we still miss like crazy!




1 comment:

80 said...

Awww, I miss Miss Macey. :( I actually thought about her sometime last week for some reason, I can't remember why. She would have been awesome with J and K, although no doubt K would've matched Olivia for "moving the cat!". :-P