Monday, April 4, 2011

Grocery Run

Going to the grocery store with the girls is one of my favorite things to do and always has been. So much to explore...I know I am quite a bore these days! ;-) The problem is if I bring them both, there isn't much room for groceries, so on Sunday Kelsey will usually come with as we do our main shop. For those who haven't been in awhile with small children it is seriously like a carnival. Food, games and prizes! Only because there was one right where I parked, I got the race car cart! Thank you to the previous parent who left their child's drink and cookie in the car...people are so inconsiderate. So of course I had to hose it down with wet wipes first. Seriously this cart is insane, huge, and I probably messed up many displays on our trek. Kelsey was soooo excited...this was her first time driving the cart! She had a blast and I am afraid that I am going to have to indulge her on another grocery trip. Along with driving a car through the grocery store, HEB passes out free cookies to the kids and balloons, anything to make the trip more enjoyable for Mommy! ;-) At the checkout Kelsey loves to ask for Buddy Bucks, took me a while to figure out they had these. Pretty much this is getting toddlers ready for Vegas. She feeds each buck into a machine and gets to hit the blinking button to earn points to save in her Buddy Book that she will be able to redeem for a prize at some point. She's been an instant winner twice and on Sunday hit the jackpot with 50 points! WOW!

Oh and yes, that is a fat lip on Miss K. Her mouth met the sidewalk on her run to the park on Saturday. :-(

And yes, she did learn how to drive in the Middle East!!!!







1 comment:

Adria said...

Awesome! God we miss HEB - that store was INSANE but awesome on Sundays. All the samples? Yumminess! Will there be one in Beaumont? ;-) And I guess M gets some good daddy/daughter time with Miss J on Sunday mornings. Glad you enjoyed the cart - you know she's going to demand one, now. I hated those things; we short people have enough of a hard time with a regular cart.

Poor Miss K with a fat lip. Did she freak out about it? Did you?