Thursday, December 11, 2008

Let's Not Do That Again!

So it has been a long few days. I ended up back in the hospital with postpartum complications, requiring emergency surgery. We are home now and hopefully on the up and up, though I think it may take a while until I am back to feeling 100%.

For those of you who have seen me, you are probably shocked as I seemed to be feeling great since delivering Kelsey. In fact Kelsey had just had a visit from Paula and I felt great! We were actually about to leave for our first play date when I just instantly took a turn for the worse.

















Well enough about that, if you want the details, please just give me a call! Now of course we had Kelsey with us the whole time. I personally wanted to pawn her off to friends (as she had to go on formula due to my large amounts of meds), but her Daddy would just not have that. So she was back in the hospital, where it all started. She was quite a trooper and the nurses of course watched over her while I was in surgery so that Michael be in the waiting room, waiting on me.

Now I know that I have a wonderful husband, I probably don't say that enough...But Michael was absolutely amazing and supporting through this whole ordeal. I think he is up for Daddy AND Husband of the Year! He received a crash course in diapering, burping and bottling Miss Kelsey. If she wasn't a Daddy's girl before all of this, she surely is now!















Thanks so much to Julie for bringing all of the wonderful meals to us. Thanks so much to Alyson for getting us situated in the hospital! Huge thanks of course goes out to the continued prayers.

1 comment:

Tony and Beth said...

Congratulations!!!!! Kelsey is a great name! She's a cute one!