Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Tree Stands Alone!

Many have asked and we are happy to report that our house in Houston weathered Hurricane Ike like a champ! We weren't really concerned to be quite honest. However it was like all of a sudden, Michael and I realized that we had a tree that has needed to come down and of course due to procrastination, hasn't. We were on pins and needles waiting to find out if the tree made it. I am quite certain our neighbor was sweating it as well. We heard reports that our neighborhood lost about 25% of the trees. Luckily...our sad looking pine was not one of them. This tree sits very close to the house and it would have been a disaster for it to have fallen. Thanks to Bree we now have visual proof that the tree is still standing!
Many of you have asked about Michael's family and they survived as well. They were without power for some time, but really they had minimal damage as well.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to those who did in fact lose so much.

1 comment:

Just Me said...

Good news from the home front for you. Congrats. I just voted on your poll. I'm thinking Thanksgiving day...I had my 2nd born on that day and was quite disappointed to miss my turkey dinner. You know, your hormones are going wild afterward and you can't seem to get things in perspective like you should! Good luck on the Babe :)