Saturday, September 27, 2008

Another Step Closer!

The furniture arrived today! It really is an unbelievable moment in Doha when they say they are going to deliver something and they actually show up! Sure enough, the baby's furniture arrived right on schedule! Lucky for us, since we spent a fortune on the furniture they even put it together! Thank goodness too...within about one hour everything was put in order and the decorating phase was ready to begin. (We don't waste any time here!)
















For some unknown reason during Ramadan, the locals all must redecorate their villas. So finding a curtain rod was no small task. Not to mention the stores are only open until 2 and then not again until 8 and that is cutting into my bedtime, so finding curtain rods was a bit of a nightmare. However, last night INSHALLAH arrived for us and "God Willing" we found curtain rods just in time. (Heaven forbid the baby's room NOT have curtains up instantly;-))


























So between Michael, Gloria (I will elaborate more in a sec) and myself, little by little, windows were cleaned, carpets were vacuumed and decorating was in full swing! While the room is far from being done, it is coming along and knowing us, it will be done by tomorrow! lol











Pictured with Michael hanging drapes is Gloria, the newest addition to our family. Gloria is a live-in maid and has been with us for just about a month. She was working for another family in our compound when they had to leave and move to Dubai. Gloria has family in Doha and wanted to stay. To make a long story short, we hired her to work for us. I was at bunco this week and had to laugh when one of my neighbors said she couldn't believe we hired her since I wouldn't even let anyone clean our house! ;-) However, I must tell you that we are quickly getting used to having her. I will talk more about her later as I know having a live-in maid is not something that most of us are accustomed to.











As the furniture was being delivered, Gloria asked me if they were putting together a crib. When I told her yes, she pointed to the cradle and said but I thought that was the crib. I smiled and said well the baby will sleep in there for a few months and then will moved into the other crib. Her response: "Madame Gina...this is a spoiled baby." I just started laughing looking around at the heaps of baby stuff and said, "really, what was your first indication?"

4 comments:

Just Me said...

Gina, I am sooo excited for you guys (and I hardly even know you!). Your nursery is wonderful...quite the task here in Doha. I don't know how you did it. Cherish the moments, they grow up so fast :(

THE GARCIAS IN THE DESERT..... said...

Oh, WOW!! It is totally adorble, but then I knew it would be!! You guys deserve a HUGE pat on the back for this one. Although, I know, too, how much fun and exciting this all must really be for you both!!

THE GARCIAS IN THE DESERT..... said...

Oh, WOW!!! It's absolutely adorable! But then, I knew it would be. You guys deserve a HUGE pat on the back for this one. Of course, I can also imagine how much fun and exiciting this really is for the two of you. Congrats!

Bree said...

The nursery is just beautiful. There will be blinds in those floor to ceiling windows if it means the baby can sleep in (and mother) for an extra hour or two. This is so exciting!!! We're thrilled for you guys!!!
Love, Shields Family