Thursday, July 12, 2007

Milan, Italy

We spent the rest of our time in Italy in Milan. Michael had to work, so I was left on my own to learn how to use the subway!!! No problems, after a couple of trips, I had it all under control. I think even Michael was impressed how well I had it figured out.

We did go on a standard city tour of Milan. On the tour, we visited churches, castles and theaters. At the end of the tour, we were able to view Leonardo da Vinci's The Last Supper!


Besides that, I did quite a bit of shopping, of course. I also visited the Monumental Cemetery (as recommended by a friend). I know you are wondering why I would be excited about visiting a cemetery. This was so much more than just a cemetery, it was an artistic celebration of life. The architecture was truly amazing.











On our last night, we went out in search for this magical bull! A superstition says that turning yourself around on the bull's jewels brings wealth and fertility. A crowd of fortune-seeking people will show you the way to the bull. We both gave it a try to increase our odds of wealth and fertility!

We had an amazing trip in Italy. There is so much more to see and I cannot wait to return! Oh, and of course, the food was superb!!!

No comments: