Thursday, February 22, 2007

Officially Moved In!

Our container arrived, early on Sunday! It was so exciting to see what we packed, what we forgot, and what was broken. Luckily just a few picture frames and a vase were broken, not bad for being in a sea container for 2 months! The container truck was too big to come into the compound so they had to empty our container, outside of the compound, into a pickup truck and then transport it to our villa. They even unpacked what we wanted and put everything on the floor...yes a nightmare for me. So I have been frantically cleaning, organizing and storing all of our items. I was a little concerned that we had brought too much stuff, but everything seems to fit. While these villas are very large, there is a great deal of wasted space. There is no attic or garage, just two small "garage-type" closets outside. Luckily, the people before us closed in the wasted space beneath our stairs which provides great storage. In addition, we had the maid's room furniture removed for additional storage as there is no live-in maid in our future!

So for those of you who know me, the house was pretty much done in about 2 days. (cleaning included!) Michael jokes that he had to go to work to escape my wrath...I really don't know what he is talking about as I have pretty much done it all on my own, with the exception of tools and camping gear! (I will never touch the camping gear!!!) The amazing thing about tile is that I can move all of the furniture on my own!!! It just slides! It is really amazing that our things pretty much work in this new home. I am glad that we did bring all of our decorative items as it really makes our villa feel like home. It is really strange because everyone in the compound has the same furniture! So you walk into each person's house and it feels like it could be your house! Hopefully this will help to set our villa apart!

The only oops is the glass top to our kitchen table! The base of the table is in storage in Houston and the top is in Doha! HA HA!!! Oh well!

Most of all, Macey is very excited to see and smell all that is familiar to her!

No comments: