Friday, May 25, 2007

Time to Hire a Maid


I found out this week that I will be temporarily joining the American School of Doha. They have a teacher who had to leave unexpectedly for medical purposes. The last day of school is June 15 so I will be there full time for the next 3 weeks! I know...you are all wondering...what will I be teaching...7th grade science!!! (Gene, the best 7th grade science teacher ever, please hold back your laughter!!!) One of the things we will be unable to do in this teacher's absence is dissect a shark! He and I talked about it briefly but I would literally have to go to the fish market and buy like 20 sharks...and that just was not going to happen...not to mention the dissection!!! The kids are very disappointed but I told them that I have already found a shark dissection online that we can watch! (I know, not the same!!!)

So if the blogs seem a bit sparse or I am not available for morning phone calls...you will know...I am working AGAIN!!! (Big surprise!!!) This is not too tragic as I have my eyes on a very large rug!!! The rugs here are amazing (and the rug shopping experience is a blast in itself!) The one I am looking at is not silk but it is still very beautiful!

No comments: